Investment StrategyBlackthorne Partners typically acquires, or invests in, companies that:
- Generate a minimum of $1 million EBITDA
- Have revenues of $5 million to $20 million
- Have ownership transitioning out of the business, or are in need of a cash infusion to make a leap forward
- Specialize in essential products or services, making the businesses less vulnerable to economic volatility
- Have a quality reputation in a stable industry
- Can grow organically and/or through add-on acquisition
- Are based in or near Southeast Wisconsin
Ownership and management
- Blackthorne Partners believes that small businesses provide attractive investment opportunities. We can create value by building these companies in partnership with management.
- When required, we provide the leadership that is sometimes needed at smaller firms in a state of transition.
Primary businesses of interest
- Outsourced business services. Blackthorne Partners has a proven history of business building in this category.
- Light manufacturing. These companies typically fit our criteria of having a quality reputation in a stable industry. We also look for manufacturers with limited economic vulnerability.
- Value-added distribution. Our business service successes can be leveraged in the distribution sector as well.
View the summary sheet