The right partnersThe word "Partners" is in our name for a reason.
Our approach at Blackthorne Partners is to work with small, niche businesses seeking a partner to see them through a time of transition. We provide the private equity investment and expertise for a smooth transition, and future growth.
Other small businesses might be ready to make a crucial step forward. Blackthorne can provide the necessary capital, and also leverage our experience to achieve top-line and bottom-line growth targets.
We partner with investors, too. They, along with principals of Blackthorne Partners and management, provide the necessary capital.
Blackthorne Partners most frequently invests in small businesses (EBIDTA of about $1 million). Among those businesses are:
- Family-owned companies looking for exit opportunities, and an assurance that their legacy will be maintained.
- Successful operations where the leader seeks additional professional management, and perhaps a reduced role.
- Firms that need a partner who can supply the capital and strategy necessary to grow.
Crucial to Blackthorne Partners are investors who make the acquisitions and partnerships possible. Our investors:
- Are professionals who understand the value of investing in small businesses; many are former or current business owners.
- Are able to pick and choose which businesses they invest in, compared with putting dollars in a private equity fund.
- Desire a more intimate, direct investment than they would receive from most other private equity firms.
Some Blackthorne investments require an immediate leadership infusion.
- We maintain contact with skilled managers to ensure we can provide replacement or supplemental management expertise when needed.
- On occasion, we partner with managers in pursuit of a particular business or businesses.